Data Timeliness Monitoring
This monitoring shows the current data timeliness for different key satellite data types commonly used in NWP. Information on plot contents for the different types of display:
- Plots are based on all incoming data (without data selection or quality control).
- The data cut-off time, i.e. the data collection period, is about 15h (see time stamp on plots) so that incoming data are normally complete. Plots are refreshed four times daily.
- Data delays are calculated as ‘time of data bank entry’ minus ‘observation time’ for each observation datum (e.g. each FOV)
- Timeseries: Number of data
- Displays total number of data received as a function of (observation) time.
- PDF of delays (24h or 30day average)
- Histogram of PDF and accumulated PDF as a function of data delay; averaged over the indicated period.
- The 100% line corresponds to the total number of data received within the given period. The number of received data is indicated in the text box (# Obs).
- Colours: below target delay (green), below threshold delay (yellow), later than threshold (red).
Please select the main data type and plot type in the pull-down menus. The appearing table will offer further choice of instruments and satellites.
This NRT data availability monitoring is currently being set up and will evolve to include additional plot types and the timeliness monitoring from more than one centre. Comments and suggestions are welcome, please contact the Helpdesk.