You must be signed in and must have agreed to the NWPSAF software licence in order to download this software.If you haven’t yet done so, please register on the site. Software subscriptions can be managed in the user area by clicking ‘Change Software Preferences’.
Archived versions of RTTOV
Archived versions of software package downloads are now managed in the user area.
Please note that support is no longer provided for many archived versions of our software.
Coefficient files for most non-hyperspectral sensors are included with the source code distribution. Additional larger coefficient files are available on this page which provides a comprehensive list of the latest RTTOV coefficient files along with the features supported by each one. Use these tables to determine the best coefficient file(s) to use for your instrument(s) of interest.
Emissivity / BRDF atlas data
If the download does not start after clicking on a link below, please try right-clicking the link and selecting “Save Link As…”
Surface emissivity atlas data
The IR emissivity atlas angular correction and covariance files are optional and can be downloaded separately from the emissivity data itself.
The following files should be unzipped/untarred in emis_data/:
- UW IR emissivity atlas files (same as v11.3 HDF5 files)
- CAMEL IR emissivity atlas files (new for v12)
- CAMEL atlas data – this includes the UW IR atlas angular correction data
- UW IR atlas covariances – optional, the UW IR atlas covariance data (as above) can be used with the CAMEL atlas
- UW IR atlas angular correction data – optional, the UW IR atlas angular correction data can be used with the CAMEL atlas
- TELSEM2 MW atlas and interpolator (new for v12)
- TELSEM2 MW atlas – this includes a Fortran module which allows TELSEM2 to be used independently of RTTOV.
- NB These are ASCII files and as such it is not necessary to compile RTTOV with the HDF5 library to use TELSEM2.
- CNRM MW atlas (new for v12)
Surface BRDF atlas data
The following file should be unzipped/untarred in brdf_data/:
- BRDF atlas files (same as v11.3 HDF5 files)
Additional sources of surface emissivity data
Additional sources of emissivity data for RTTOV users are detailed on this page