- Two new technical reports have been released pertaining to the ‘Estimation of background error correlation function’ and ‘The orientation of SeaWinds wind vector cells’.
- SDP v2.2 was publicly released on 02 October 2014, and is available using the link at the bottom of this page.
- Version 1.1 of the scatterometer Wind Bias Correction Guide was released in April 2014.
- AWDP v2.3 was publicly released in February 2014. This version can handle the latest Metop-A ASCAT calibration (level 1 version 9.02).
- OWDP v1.1 was publicly released on 9 April 2013, and is available using the link at the bottom of this page.
- New versions of the Technical Reports Two-dimensional variational ambiguity removal (2DVAR) and How to calculate wind spectra were released on 4 April 2013.
- A workshop on scatterometer data assimilation was organized by the NWP SAF on 14 April 2011 at EUMETSAT premises in Darmstadt. The goal of the workshop was to provide NWP data assimilation colleagues with insight into the main relevant characteristics of the scatterometer data, provide guidance for data assimilation and collect NWP user requirements for the scatterometer wind observation operator. For further details including workshop presentations, click here.